Racism Week 4

“Racism makes me question myself and why things have to be this way…I wonder  one day what it would be like to be white and how much better my life would probably be. That was a low point.” -Andrew 19 years

I’ve had many different color friends in  my life who were bullied, it hurt them and hurt my because I would question why people would do this to them. They did nothing. Racism can cause a lot of  of damage to both the individuals and the community.

There was a study in Australia. And over 800 Australian secondary school students found that racism had a huge mental health impacts including:

• Ongoing feelings of sadness, anger, depression and being left out
  • Headaches, increase heart rate, sweating, trembling and muscle tension
  • A constant fear of being verbally or physically attacked
  • Not wanting to go to school
  • Having little or no trust in anyone apart from family

These impacts can reduce the ability to work or study, and achieve future goals. This also affects people’s general well being when they are denied equal access to jobs, services and education.

Racism also creates a society where people don’t trust and respect each other.

Thank you guys for having the time to read this blog. this is a really senstive part for me to explain and if you want to read on what racism really is go to https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/racism. Thank you again and like I always say Keep Blogging!!

One thought on “Racism Week 4

• Posted on April 21, 2017 at 7:16 am

I agree Tuscany, racism is very hurtful. Usually by people who don’t think before they speak. Everyone needs to consider what they are saying before they say it – there are so many repercussions that could follow.

Reply